Tuesday 23 December 2014

Recognisable Bread! Yorkshire puddings and other stuff

So I seem to have been have some bad making Mojo recently, I recognise my brain isnt really in the right place and so my baking has been suffering - HOWEVER I did make the closest thing the bread I have yet using Richard Coppedge's recipe (they were SO CLOSE, fluffy on the inside with a really good crust like a baguette but I didnt keep them in the oven long enough and they were a bit soggy still inside).

Also I made the most amazing coffee cream puffs ever. I kept checking the flour because they were so good, and didnt taste GF.
So good infact I forgot to take photo's of them. I'll make some more and post pics later along with the recipe.

Made some pretty decent Yorkshire puddings too, but I think I can improve on them so I'll do some more tweaks before I post that.

I did try and make a pizza base using the bread recipe, but I messed up the order of ingredients and while they didnt come out bad when I pre-baked them, the bases ended up really soggy when I put toppings on. So I need to look into how to avoid that.

So anyway - I just need to persevere and get my head back in the kitchens space these recipe have so much potential (preferably before I go broke from buying so much GF flour!!).
I decided to buy his book from 2008, knowing that the flour blend he uses is a bit out of date BUT his techniques are where it's at and I wanted to see what other interesting ways of doing things he's got. He's got a new book out next year which I might get as well depending on how things go to keep myself updated with how he's doing things.
I nearly died when I opened it - there's recipes for stollen, and doughnuts, sandwich bread, puff pastry. The new year is going to be full of fatty delicious foods by the looks of it! very excited to have a go with it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment