Saturday 21 February 2015

Gluten free Pancakes (crepe style)

So it was pancake day the other day and I meant to post this on the day, but I failed at both taking any photo's and actually finding time to post.

I made these crepes based on Tartelette's and they were AMAZING. I love that blog so much - she's a real foodie and un-comprimising on taste so I know when I take a look at one of her recipes they are always going to be great, not just OK but great and I wasnt disapointed with these :)

So I made mine with honey baked pears - which were scrummy, I also had lemon and sugar, maple syrup, and Nutella. I was stuffed.

I have also discovered that my ideal balance of Sorghum flour to Doves GF Plain flour is about 15% - any more than that and the taste is too much, and they are too heavy for me but 15% seems jut perfect in terms of flavour and texture.

210g GF plain flour
40g Sorghum flour
pinch of salt
500g whole milk
3 eggs
15g Butter (melted)
125g Sparkling water

Stick blend everything together until smooth and let rest for at least 1hr (or overnight). Cover the bottom of a frying pan and then cook 2mins each side.

I'm pretty sure this will also make good Yorkshire puds and/or batter to cover things to fry although I havnt actually tried yet but it's definately going to be my go-to recipe from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment