Saturday 10 October 2015

Chocolate Blackout Cake

I'm always on the look out for REALLY good chocolate cake recipes, this one is brilliant.
I made it for my husbands birthday and the cake mix got the seal of approval from both me and my daughter while making it (it was hard putting it in the cake tin, we wanted to eat it all).

It was super easy and seemed to take being Gluten free really well as it already had lots of moisture.
I didn't have any buttermilk in so I did the old Milk and lemon juice trick and just upped the liquids a touch and added a tsp of Xanthan gum.

This will probably be my new go to recipe for chocolate cake - I was that impressed with it! (did I mention it was easy).

The chocolate pudding was pretty tasty but MESSY. I did the whole cover it in pudding and crumble a layer thing, and it just looked like a chocolate crumby messy blob. It wasnt attractive (so bad I didnt take a picture) so I think next time I shall use a different filling and definitely not do that crumb coating.
I think the pudding recipe will probably come in handy for something else I'm sure - my husband said he thought it tasted like really thick chocolate milkshake which I was taking for a good thing as he likes chocolate milkshake!





No comments:

Post a Comment